Ethos and Rules
Golden Oldies Lawn Bowls Festivals, owned and managed by Vintage Sport and Leisure Ltd (VSL), are implemented with the purpose of bringing together bowls enthusiasts, 35 years of age and over to share their interest in bowls, their love of the sport and to enjoy time spent with fellow enthusiasts.
There are four main principles on which every Golden Oldies World Lawn Bowls Festival is built on:
- To provide players from any country an environment in which sportsmanship and camaraderie thrive. The Festivals are founded on Fun, Friendship and Fraternity for those who play for the sheer enjoyment of the game.
- To provide an environment for participants to play against others who still prefer to play games more competitively, the opportunity to do so against like-minded teams but still remaining dedicated to playing in a spirit of goodwill.
- To provide opportunities for team members or individuals and their spouses or partners to travel, create new friendships and renew old acquaintances.
- To encourage continuing respect for the traditions and values of bowls.
Together, these opportunities can contribute to highlighting and promoting bowls throughout the world, and to creating positive reasons for enthusiasts to retain an active interest in bowls.
For Anyone Over 35
Golden Oldies Festivals are open to men and women over 35 years of age from any part of the world. Whether you are part of an established team or you are an individual or group of friends looking to join a Festival – you are all welcome.
Golden Oldies Lawn Bowls Rules and Standards
- There will be seven sections, men’s, women’s and mixed fours, men’s, women’s and mixed pairs, plus a special section of mixed fours for social bowlers.
- Fours will be played with 2 bowls per player, pairs will be 3 bowls per player.
- There will be three games each day for both fours and pairs. Each game will be for 1 hour 30 minutes, with one end after the bell. A kill is replayed, except after the bell where a killed jack is replaced on the 2 meter spot.
- Play will commence each day at 9.30am, morning tea after the first game, lunch after the second game, refreshments and socialising with your new friends after the third game.
- 3 points for a win, 1 point for a draw, ends won and points differential.
- At the end of each game both skips to sign the card and ensure it is handed to the event manager.
- Any special conditions of play will be announced prior to the commencement of play each day
- All teams will play at 4 different clubs over the duration of the festival.
- Teams can change their players for each game but each player must be registered for the festival.
- Dress code: In the spirit of Golden Oldies sport all teams are encouraged to dress for the occasion – you may find yourselves being well rewarded for your creativity.
- Draws will be made 4 weeks prior to the start of the Golden Oldies Lawn Bowls Festival and will be sent to each team manager.
- The organising committee reserves the right to alter, add or delete any condition of play and/or special conditions to enable the completion of the tournament
- Men’s, Women’s and Mixed
- Competitive and Social
Teams are graded according to indicated standard of play.
Respect for the Game:
- Teams are expected to respect our great game, their opponents and supporters by recognising that the Golden Oldies Ethos represents good sportsmanship, decent standards, friendship, fraternity and enjoyment of one of the greatest games.
Golden Oldies Lawn Bowls is a wonderful celebration of the great game of Lawn Bowls...relax and enjoy.
If you have any questions or require further clarification on the Ethos and Rules please do not hesitate to be in touch with Col Pierce – email@example.com
Buy G.O. Merchandise Online