Ethos and Rules
Golden Oldies Basketball Ethos and Rules:
Golden Oldies Basketball Festivals, owned and managed by Vintage Sport and Leisure Ltd (VSL), are implemented with the purpose of bringing together basketball enthusiasts, 35 years of age and over to share their interest in basketball, their love of the sport and to enjoy time spent with fellow enthusiasts.
There are four main principles on which Golden Oldies World Basketball Festivals are built on:
- To provide players from any country an environment in which sportsmanship and camaraderie thrive. The Festivals are founded on Fun, Friendship and Fraternity for those who have retired from serious competitive play, but wish to continue participating in their favourite sport for sheer enjoyment.
- To provide an environment for participants to play against others who still prefer to play games more competitively, the opportunity to do so against like-minded teams, but still remaining dedicated to playing in a spirit of goodwill.
- To provide opportunities for team members and their spouses or partners to travel, create new friendships and renew old acquaintances.
- To encourage continuing respect for the traditions and values of basketball.
Together, these opportunities can contribute to highlighting and promoting basketball throughout the world, and to creating positive reasons for enthusiasts to retain an active interest in basketball.
For Anyone 35+
Golden Oldies Festivals are open to men and women aged 35 and over from any part of the world. Whether you are part of an established team or you are an individual or a group of mates looking to join a Festival – you are all welcome.
Golden Oldies Basketball Rules and Standards
- The laws of basketball apply to Golden Oldies Basketball except where varied to suit Golden Oldies Basketballers. The rules of Golden Oldies Basketball may be varied from those suggested with the agreement of the captains of the teams involved in the match.
- The rules are designed to maximise participation and enjoyment. The rules and variations may take account of the region in which the match is taking place and the courts on which matches are played.
- There will be no restrictions on the number of substitutions during the game
- Suggested variations that can be applied at the option of the captains (designed to increase participation of all members of teams).
- Games will consist of four 10 minute quarters.
- Age Groupings
- 35+, 40+, 50+ and Over 60’s
- Men’s and Women’s
- Competitive and Social
Teams are graded according to age group and preferred standard of play. There is no upper age limit per grade (e.g. A 60 year old may play in the 35+ grade) and it is at the organiser’s discretion to allow up to two slightly younger players per team as long as they play in the spirit of Golden Oldies.
Respect for the Game:
- Teams are expected to respect our great game, their opponents, referees and supporters by recognising that the Golden Oldies Ethos represents good sportsmanship, decent standards, friendship, fraternity and enjoyment of one of the greatest games.
- Teams are expected to wear correct basketball footwear.
Golden Oldies Basketball is a wonderful celebration of the great game of basketball...relax and enjoy.
If you have any questions or require further clarification on the Ethos and Rules please do not hesitate to be in touch with Mike Kerrisk - email@example.com
Buy G.O. Merchandise Online