- DAY 1 - SUN 1 APRIL
- Teams will arrive in Christchurch, settle into their selected Festival accommodation and enjoy their first afternoon in Christchurch. Late afternoon teams will transfer to the city centre for the Parade of Nations that will head to Hagley Park and then transfer to the Welcome Party. Visiting and local teams, officials and supporters will meet, mix and mingle and enjoy a three-hour session of substantial finger food, an open bar and entertainment.
- DAY 2 - MON 2 APRIL
- Morning transfer to local basketball stadiums for the first round of games. Golden Oldies Referees will officiate. Food and beverages will be available during the day. The evening will be free to enjoy the restaurants and bars in Christchurch with maybe a visit to the Casino for a pleasant meal, entertainment and maybe a little flutter.
- DAY 3 - TUE 3 APRIL
- The popular Picnic Day will see teams transferred to Hanmer Springs, a stunning alpine village, for an enjoyable day of superb Canterbury food and beverages. Teams will enjoy local entertainment and some interesting, fun and memorable activities. At the conclusion of a great day out in wonderful Hanmer Springs, teams will be transferred back to their accommodation and the chance to enjoy an evening at one of Christchurch's many excellent restaurants or bars including the Festival Entertainment HQ at the Christchurch Casino.
- DAY 4 - WED 4 APRIL
- Morning transfer to local basketball stadiums for the second round of games. Arrangements the same as Monday.
- DAY 5 - THU 5 APRIL
- Morning transfer to local basketball stadiums for the third round of games. Arrangements the same as previous days.
- DAY 6 - FRI 6 APRIL
- Morning transfer to local basketball stadiums for the final round of games. Arrangements the same as previous days. The evening will be free to enjoy the restaurants and bars in Christchurch or another visit to the Casino for a bit of a flutter, a pleasant meal and an enjoyable drink or two.
- DAY 7 - SAT 7 APRIL
- A day at leisure to relax and enjoy Christchurch, do a bit of last minute shopping, enjoy one of the many local attractions and prepare for an early evening transfer to the Finale Dinner and Awards Evening. A wonderful end to the week featuring a three course served meal, an open bar for beer, wine and juices, presentation of Festival Awards and some very special entertainment. Four to five hours of fun, friendship and camaraderie at the end of a great week in a fabulous city.
- DAY 8 - SUN 8 APRIL
- Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. Teams depart for home or further travel.
Buy G.O. Merchandise Online
For Flight and Travel information