- DAY 1 - SUN 1 APRIL
- Teams will arrive in Christchurch, settle into their selected Festival accommodation and enjoy their first afternoon in Christchurch. Late afternoon teams will transfer to the city centre for the Parade of Nations that will walk to Hagley Park and transfer per coach to the Welcome Party where visiting and local teams, officials and supporters will meet, mix and mingle. At the conclusion of the evening teams will be transported back to their accommodation.
- DAY 2 - MON 2 APRIL
- Morning transfer to a range of local cricket clubs and to Hagley Park for the first round of games. Official umpires will be appointed and a light lunch will be provided between innings followed by hospitality at the clubs and at Hagley Park. The evening will be free to enjoy the restaurants and bars in Christchurch.
- DAY 3 - TUE 3 APRIL
- The popular Picnic Day will see teams transferred to Hanmer Springs, a stunning alpine village, for an enjoyable day of superb Canterbury food and beverages. Teams will enjoy local entertainment and some interesting, fun and memorable activities. At the conclusion of a great day out in wonderful Hanmer Springs, teams will be transferred back to their accommodation and the chance to enjoy an evening at one of Christchurch's many excellent restaurants or bars including the Festival Entertainment HQ at the Christchurch Casino.
- DAY 4 - WED 4 APRIL
- Teams will again transfer to local club grounds and to Hagley Park for the second round of games with arrangements as for the Monday’s play. Post-match hospitality will be a feature of the days cricket and will give the chance for teams to enjoy one another’s company in friendly relaxed surroundings.
- DAY 5 - THU 5 APRIL
- A day at leisure and a chance to take one of our range of optional excursions or just spend time relaxing in the city.
- DAY 6 - FRI 6 APRIL
- Teams will transfer to local clubs and Hagley Park for their final round of games with arrangements the same as for the previous two playing days. Evening at leisure to enjoy Club hospitality or to again explore and enjoy the restaurants, bars and nightclubs in Christchurch or maybe even a visit to the Casino to enjoy a bit of a flutter, great food and drinks and outstanding entertainment.
- DAY 7 - SAT 7 APRIL
- A day at leisure to relax and enjoy Christchurch, do a bit of last minute shopping, enjoy one of the many local attractions and prepare for an early evening coach transfer to the Finale Dinner and Awards Evening. A wonderful end to the week featuring a three course served meal, an open bar for beer, wine and juices, presentation of Festival Awards and some very special entertainment. Four to five hours of fun, friendship and camaraderie at the end of a great week in a fabulous city.
- DAY 8 - SUN 8 APRIL
- Teams depart or stay on a little longer to enjoy more Kiwi hospitality.
Buy G.O. Merchandise Online
For Flight and Travel information