Golden Oldies World Lawn Bowls Festivals
22 - 29 April 2018
Lawn bowls will join the Golden Oldies fraternity at the Christchurch Casino Golden Oldies Sports Celebration 2018. It is a sport that lends itself ideally to the Golden Oldies ideal of 'Fun, Friendship and Fraternity' in sport. But for those who play there will be no records kept, no scores published – it's all about enjoyment of playing and meeting people during and after games.
Christchurch is a superb venue for the Festival, bowls has a long tradition in the Garden City, and it has hosted the World Championships in bowls twice. The Festival will be open to individuals and teams and promises some great bowling on Christchurch's outstanding greens based around the city. Individuals who enter will be made up into teams.
Some may want to test their skills in a more competitive environment but those who are wanting to play in the 'social' category will be catered for as well. One of the cornerstones of the Golden Oldies movement, is the opportunity it offers to make lasting friendships by meeting and playing with people from all around New Zealand and the world.
Golden Oldies is not just about those who play the game but their partners who are part and parcel of the success of the concept. And it's not all about bowls, the optional midweek picnic outing is always a highlight as are the pre-tournament get together and the end of tournament farewell dinner.
Bowls in Christchurch will be an outstanding part of the 10-sport Christchurch Casino Golden Oldies Sports Celebration 2018 and many new friendships are certain to be forged during the four-week long event.
Contact us for more information - email@example.com
Golden Oldies Lawn Bowls Promotion!
Queenstown is New Zealand’s gem and favourite visitor destination. Your flight into the town will take you through some of New Zealand’s highest mountain ranges providing a spectacular show for even the seasoned traveller. This resort town sits in the backdrop of the Remarkables mountain range and framed by the stunning Lake Wakatipu. Queenstown is reputedly the adventure capital of the world with many renowned cycling tracks, bungy jumping, helicopter and jet boating to offer throughout the autumn months. The town also caters to those wanting a more serene time on their holiday with private hot tubs looking out to the Shotover Canyon, boat cruises along the lake and a fantastic selection of wineries to visit.
Enter before the 30th of April and go in to the draw to win a wonderful 5 days and 4 nights in Queenstown for 4 people. The prize includes the following for 4 people.
- A rental car for travel to Queenstown and return or return domestic flights from Christchurch to Queenstown for four people
- Four nights’ accommodation in the Rydges Lakeland Resort (or equivalent accommodation should Rydges be unavailable) – located on the shoreline of Lake Wakatipu boasting spectacular views across the water
- Transfer to and from airport and accommodation
- Trip up Bobs Peak on the Skyline Queenstown Gondola to enjoy award winning cuisine in the scenic Stratosphere Restaurant and Bar
- Day cruise to Walter Peak on the iconic vessel, SS Earnslaw including a luncheon and entertainment.
- An afternoon of Lawn Bowls at the Queenstown Lawn Bowls Club set in beautiful gardens alongside the spectacular Lake Wakatipu.
Buy G.O. Merchandise Online