Ethos and Rules
Golden Oldies Netball Ethos and Rules:
Golden Oldies Netball Festivals, owned and managed by Vintage Sport and Leisure Ltd (VSL), are implemented with the purpose of bringing together netball enthusiasts, 35 years of age and over to share their interest in netball, their love of the sport and to enjoy time spent with fellow enthusiasts.
There are four main principles on which every Golden Oldies World Netball Festival is built on:
- To provide players from any country an environment in which sportsmanship and camaraderie thrive. The Festivals are founded on Fun, Friendship and Fraternity for those who have retired from serious competitive play, but wish to continue participating in their favourite sport for sheer enjoyment.
- To provide an environment for participants to play against others who still prefer to play games more competitively, the opportunity to do so against like-minded teams, but still remaining dedicated to playing in a spirit of goodwill.
- To provide opportunities for team members and their spouses or partners to travel, create new friendships and renew old acquaintances.
- To encourage continuing respect for the traditions and values of netball.
Together, these opportunities can contribute to highlighting and promoting netball throughout the world, and to creating positive reasons for enthusiasts to retain an active interest in netball.
For Anyone 35+
Golden Oldies Festivals are open to men and women aged 35 years and over from any part of the world. Whether you are part of an established team, an individual or group of friends looking to join a Festival – you are all welcome.
Golden Oldies Netball Rules and Standards
- All players must be 35 years of age or older.
- The rules are designed to maximise participation and enjoyment. The rules and variations may take account of the region in which the match is taking place and the courts on which matches are played.
- It is the umpire's responsibility to ensure that a bleeding player is removed from the court immediately to have the bleeding and injury covered. A replacement player will take the court. There is no time allowed for treatment.
- Teams are requested to supply their own playing bibs. All players must wear appropriate shoes at all times.
- There will be no time allowed for injury. If an injury occurs, the injured player will be replaced during play. In the event of a serious injury the umpire shall stop play to allow time to decide whether the injured player is fit to continue playing. No extra time will be added for a stoppage for injury/illness.
- All games are 12 minutes each half with a break of 4 minutes for half time.
- All games will be timed centrally, by the officials of the Festival. Each game will start and finish with the umpires whistle. Games will start on time as per the draw. Teams must be ready on the side of the court five minutes before the start of their game.
- All games will follow the International Federation of Netball Association playing rules.
- There is no restriction on the number of replacements during the game. Players may leave and return to the court after a goal is scored, after an interval and after notifying the umpires.
- Women’s and Mixed
- Competitive and Social
Teams are graded according to age group and preferred standard of play. There is no upper age limit per grade (e.g. A 60 year old may play in the 35+ grade) and it is at the organiser’s discretion to allow up to two slightly younger players per team as long as they play in the spirit of Golden Oldies.
Respect for the Game:
- Teams are expected to respect our great game, their opponents, umpires and supporters by recognising that the Golden Oldies Ethos represents good sportsmanship, decent standards, friendship, fraternity and enjoyment of one of the greatest games.
- Teams are expected to wear correct netball clothing,
Golden Oldies Netball is a wonderful celebration of the great game of Netball...relax and enjoy.
If you have any questions or require further clarification on the Ethos and Rules please do not hesitate to be in touch with Christine Augusto – Christine@govsl.com
Buy G.O. Merchandise Online
For Flight and Travel information