- DAY 1 - SUN 22 APRIL
- Teams will arrive in Christchurch, settle into their selected Festival accommodation and enjoy their first afternoon in Christchurch. Late afternoon teams will transfer to the city centre for the Parade of Nations that will head to Hagley Park for the Welcome Party. Visiting and local teams, officials and supporters will meet, mix and mingle and enjoy a three-hour session of substantial finger foods, an open bar and entertainment.
- DAY 2 - MON 23 APRIL
- Morning transfer to Hagley Park for the first round of games. Golden Oldies Referees will officiate. Food and beverages will be available all day and games can be followed with relaxation and friendly banter. The evening will be free to enjoy the restaurants and bars in Christchurch with maybe a visit to the Casino for a pleasant meal, entertainment and maybe a little flutter.
- DAY 3 - TUE 24 APRIL
- The popular Picnic Day will see teams transferred to Hanmer Springs, a stunning alpine village, for an enjoyable day of superb Canterbury food and beverages. Teams will enjoy local entertainment and some interesting, fun and memorable activities. At the conclusion of a great day out in wonderful Hanmer Springs, teams will be transferred back to their accommodation and the chance to enjoy an evening at one of Christchurch's many excellent restaurants or bars including the Festival Entertainment HQ at the Christchurch Casino.
- DAY 4 - WED 25 APRIL
- Morning transfer to Hagley Park for the second round of games with arrangements the same as for Day One. Official Golden Oldies Referees will officiate. Food and beverages will be available all day and games can be followed with relaxation and friendly banter among many participating teams. The evening will be free to enjoy the restaurants and bars in Christchurch.
ANZAC Day Dawn Parade and Service will take place early morning courtesy of the Christchurch Returned Services Association - More information
- DAY 5 - THU 26 APRIL
- A day of rest and relaxation with the opportunity to enjoy one of the selection of attractions that we will have to offer or maybe an optional day trip or maybe a bit of retail therapy or maybe just a visit to any of the local restaurants and bars.
- DAY 6 - FRI 27 APRIL
- Morning transfer to Hagley Park for the third round of games with arrangements the same as for the previous two days. Official Golden Oldies Referees will officiate. Food and beverages will be available all day and games will be followed by the customary relaxation and even more friendly banter. The evening will be free to enjoy the restaurants and bars in Christchurch or another visit to the Casino for a bit of a flutter, a pleasant dinner and an enjoyable drink or two.
- DAY 7 - SAT 28 APRIL
- A day at leisure to relax and enjoy Christchurch, do a bit of last minute shopping, enjoy one of the many local attractions and prepare for an early evening transfer to the Golden Oldies Final Dinner and Awards. A memorable end to the week featuring a three course served meal, an open bar for beer, wine and juices, presentation of Festival Awards and some very special entertainment. Four to five hours of Fun, Friendship and Fraternity at the end of a tremendous week in a fabulous city.
- DAY 8 - SUN 29 APRIL
- Unfortunately all good things must come to an end. Teams depart home or continue on to enjoy more Kiwi hospitality.
Buy G.O. Merchandise Online
For Flight and Travel information