TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Conditions of Entry:
Completing the entry form and paying the entry fee means that you accept the following conditions of participation.
- The 2018 Golden Oldies World Rugby Festival in Christchurch (the “Festival”) is managed by Vintage Sport and Leisure Ltd and it’s duly appointed agencies. Attendance at the Festival is by invitation only and the organisers reserve the right to accept or decline applications for participation.
- All persons participating as players or supporters must accept the waiver, release and indemnification requirements before attending the event.
- All players must be over 35 years of age when participating in the Festival.
- Entries may be from teams or smaller groups, including individuals.
- All participants must purchase one of the packages provided by the organisers.
- Vintage Sport and Leisure Ltd act only as agents for the providers of ground services included in packages and will not be responsible for any injury, cost, damage or delay, which is the responsibility of any subcontractor engaged. Participants are responsible for obtaining adequate personal and medical insurance cover for all eventualities.
- All teams, members and supporters acknowledge the authority of Vintage Sport and Leisure Ltd and it’s duly appointed agents to vary or alter the programme and nature of the Festival in unforeseen circumstances and as may be necessary.
- Vintage Sport and Leisure Ltd reserves the right to change any venue of the Festival or any part thereof, including its removal to another country if it determines such a measure is necessary by reason of changed circumstance or conditions existing or anticipated at the Festival venue.
Waiver, Release and Indemnification:
In consideration of the team’s (players and supporters) acceptance for entry in the Festival, the team’s management confirm the following is communicated to and accepted by all team and supporter members of the team.
- All members of the team will comply with the Conditions of Entry and with all rules and directions of the event organisers.
- Members of the team and their executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors and assigns, hereby:
- A. waive and release Vintage Sport and Leisure Ltd, the event organisers, volunteers, employees, agents, sponsors from any and all claims whatsoever we may have that may arise from participation in the event and its related activities, together with any costs that may arise including lawyers’ fees whether or not such claims are valid or not and;
- B. indemnify and hold harmless the organisers individually and collectively from any such claims.
- Acknowledge that members of the team have the personal responsibility for their possessions during the event and its related activities and will not make claims against the organisers for any loss or damage.
- Acknowledge that participating in the event is potentially hazardous and therefore release the organisers from all liability resulting from injury, accident, illness or death during the event and its related activities. Team members hereby consent to receive medical treatment arranged by the organisers.
- All Players must take out appropriate health insurance policies which include coverage for playing in a veteran rugby event and evidence of this may be required to be shown prior to the commencement of the first round of matches during the 2018 Festival.
- Unforeseen circumstances may necessitate the lengthening or shortening of the 2018 Festival and in such case adjustments to the cost of the package will be on a pro-rata basis. No refund will be made for any unused portion of this package.
- The team hereby consent to the free use of team name, personal names and pictures in any media or publicity associated with the event.
- The team and its members acknowledge that in the event of cancellation of the event the organisers, volunteers, employees, agents and sponsors will not be liable for any costs other than Festival costs as outlined in package inclusions, incurred by the team and its members prior to the cancellation.
Payments, Cancellations and Refunds:
- All prices are in NZD and are on a per person basis.
- Team entry fee is NZD$300 per team OR NZD$35 per individual.
- Festival package prices are for a 7 night package (excluding breakfast) as outlined in the Festival Entry Form on our website.
- Single Prices on application.
- Entries close 31st January 2018 (unless sold out prior) or at any other time at the discretion of Vintage Sport and Leisure Ltd.
- Full payment to be completed on or before 30th November 2017.
- Late payments will be subject to a 5% Late Payment Fee at the discretion of the organisers.
- Golden Oldies and VSL are not liable for remitting bank fees, please make any arrangments necessary to cover such fees.
PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE in the event of currency fluctuations, changes to local tax rates and exceptional events beyond the control of the organisers and their suppliers.
Payment Schedule: Deposits required to secure your required accommodation will be:
A. An initial deposit of NZD$230 per person is to be paid against invoice issued upon advice of requested accommodation.
B. A second deposit of NZD$575 per person is to be paid against invoice on or before 30th September 2017.
C. No accommodation bookings will be confirmed until the deposit of NZD $230 per person is received.
D. The initial deposit of NZD$230 is non-refundable but in the event of cancellation within the terms below is transferable against the team account.
E. Full payment of the outstanding balance is to be paid against invoice no later than 30th November 2017.
Cancellations and Refunds Policy:
- All cancellations must be advised in writing.
- The Team Entry fee is non-refundable.
- For cancellations received up until 90 days prior to the commencement date of the Tournament package payments, less the accommodation initial deposit as per clause D above, will be refunded less a handling fee of NZD$150 per person.
- For cancellations received 90 days or less prior to the commencement date of the Tournament, package payments are non-refundable or transferable.
ALL PLAYERS AND PARTICIPANTS ARE URGED TO TAKE TRAVEL INSURANCE EARLY. INSURANCE SHOULD INCLUDE CANCELLATION INSURANCE TO COVER THE NON-REFUNDABLE 90 DAY PERIOD
If you would like assistance on special Golden Oldies Travel Insurance then contact email@example.com
Buy G.O. Merchandise Online
For Flight and Travel information