Golden Oldies Squash Ethos and Rules
Golden Oldies Squash Festivals, owned and managed by Vintage Sport and Leisure Ltd (VSL), are implemented with the purpose of bringing together squash enthusiasts, 35 years of age and over to share their interest in squash, their love of the sport and to enjoy time spent with fellow enthusiasts.
For Anyone 35 and Over
Golden Oldies Festivals are open to men and women 35 years of age and over from any part of the world. Whether you are part of an established club, a social player or a group of mates looking to join a Festival – you are all welcome.
Golden Oldies Squash Rules and Standards
- The laws of squash apply to Golden Oldies Squash except where varied to suit Golden Oldies Squash players. The rules of Golden Oldies Squash may be varied from those suggested with the agreement of the Umpires with the players involved in the match.
- The rules are designed to maximise participation and enjoyment. The rules and variations may take account of the region in which the match is taking place and the courts on which matches are played.
- Suggested variations that can be applied at the option of the umpires (designed to increase participation of all involved.
- Balls: The top Division(s) will play with a double yellow ball. All other divisions with a single yellow.
- Scoring: PAR (point a rally) will be used up to 11 for top division(s) and up to 15 for all others. All matches will be best of 5 games.
- The Drawer will be a Swiss drawer, which means every player will get 4 games.
- Protective eye wear is optional.
- Men’s or Women’s
Players submit their grade from A – F upon entry. There is no upper age limit per grade (e.g. A 60 year old may play a 35 year old) and it is at the organiser’s discretion to allow slightly younger players as long as they play in the spirit of Golden Oldies.
Respect for the Game:
- Players are expected to respect our great game, their opponents, umpires and supporters by recognising that the Golden Oldies Ethos represents good sportsmanship, decent standards, friendship, fraternity and enjoyment of one of the greatest games.
- Players are expected to wear correct squash court shoes.
Supports are welcome to watch all games completely free of charge.
Golden Oldies Squash is a wonderful celebration of the great game of squash...relax and enjoy.
If you have any questions or require further clarification on the Ethos and Laws please do not hesitate to be in touch with Dianne McDermott Dianne@govsl.com
Buy G.O. Merchandise Online
For Flight and Travel information